Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the c-f-m pulleys installed about a week ago at ford. When they were done the first thing I did was some spirited driving[driving] , everything was great revving up much quicker.The throttle was very responsive. When I got back the engine temp was a little higher than usual but it quickly went back to normal running temp and I thought nothing of it. About a week passed no worries. So tonight I was driving on the interstate at about 85 in cruse control after about five to ten minutes I glanced at the temp gauge and it was on red!! What makes it so weird it was one of the coldest nights in like the last year. I realize the water pump is getting less rotation it is just very weird that it would happen at a relatively low rpm level on cruse control and a cold night. Any thoughts?[?|]

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
We have not seen any issues like this related to our underdrive pulleys. It would be very strange to see the temperature to be in the red by just driving the car normally on the interstate.

It looks like there is something else causing the high temperature issue like a sticking thermostat, low coolant, air in the coolant system, cooling fans not turning on, and so on. I would recommend checking your car to see what might be causing this issue, as it is not normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts