Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have my rotors re-surfaced so I planned on getting different ones instead. I'm going to get the zxtuner.com ones. They are drilled and slotted. My questions is, what brake pads should I get, will any performance Hawk ones do? If so which ones, like part number or any info like that. I really just don't want to get the wrong ones.

I planned on having my mechanic put the new rotors and pads on for me. Will rotors fit like the stock ones. I'm confused about the whole thing.

Has anyone done this?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
On my old car I had the EBC slotted a dimpled ones to not COMPLETELY drilled through but all it was was a quick 10-15 minute switch out... take the old ones off put the new ones on... easy lemons... lol

Just be aware when you FIRST put them on you will have a like a clean sqeeky sound when coming to a complete stop and trust me I need to new rotors right now also along with brake pads and right now I can't afford them thanks to other mods takin my money [rolleyes].

It's a quick swap out, and from what I know you can pretty much use any brake pads... I used a good set of raybesto's pads for like 20000 miles on my old car and they BARELY wore at all and NO grooves in the rotors at all... [:)]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will those particular rotors fit? the zxtuner ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts