Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that CFM sells the 03-04 Fuel Pump for the 00-04 focus models. My question is, is it modded to fit 00-04 models or is it basically a stock 03-04 fuel pump?

Would I be able to go to a 2003 junked focus and pull the fuel pump out and put it in my 2002 focus?

[thumb]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It is modded to fit.
The newer Fuel Pump Module has a spring loaded top that pushes it against the bottom of the tank. The older ones had a sort of clip on the tank and the module. To fit the newer module in the old tank you just have to shave off those clips.

The problem with the older cars' fuel pumps was the module, not the pump. So I would say just upgrading a fuel pump really won't fix anything in the long run.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think my fuel pump is taking a crap on me and if I was gonna replace might as well get the better flowing pump since im boosted as well. I just didn't know if I could go pull a fuel pump out of an 03-04 and put it in my 02 without any modifications.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It basically drops right in. It's just you have to shave the tabs off the bottom of the tank. Not real hard at all.

Sleestak has a pretty decent pic of the guts -> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153562

That guy comes out if you rotate it counter-clockwise. Underneath is where the locking tabs are that need to be removed to fit the "updated fuel pump module".

And like I said you can just swap pumps, but I doubt it will be as reliable as the entire module swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts