Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a quarter panel that was damaged from the previous owner. It is very noticeable on the car. I am wondering how to or even if it is possible to fix this at all. There are pictures attached this time.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There are no pictures.

A good body repair shop should be able to repair anything, it will just cost a pretty penny. You can repair some dents on your own depending on how bad it is and if it's on a seem. We need pics before anyone can really say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off how can I upload pictures from my computers hdd? And if you know any way to fix them yourself that'd e good. I want to go to a trade school for autobody..but I was checking if anyone had ever done it, so I'll tool around with it.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sorry I couldn't get back to you last night. This is the first time I've been on since I posted. The best way to post photo's is to upload them to a sharing site (I use photobucket, others use flicker and there are other sites) and then you can insert the links or photo's into your post.

As for the dent, others have fixed them but I don't really have much knowledge in that area. Hopefully someone else can help when you get some pictures. Another thing you can do is search for other posts in this forum on the subject of body repair.

Good luck on your trade school. I was looking into studying auto body this coming winter but it looks like now I may not be going to college this winter. Hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright now i have the pictures up!!
The best way to post photo's is to upload them to a sharing site (I use photobucket, others use flicker and there are other sites) and then you can insert the links or photo's into your post.
Thanks, it works so easily!!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
that is the rocker panel, not quarter panel. and a little bit of damage to the bottom of the drivers fender.

I have a few good creases in the rocker panel like that as well. I thought they had to be cut off and replaced or something. Can't remember now as I just gave up on fixing them. I'll probably just go with some side skirts to cover up the damage.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The best way is to cut the damaged area out and weld in a repair panel then refinish.

A less desirable way would be use a nail welder to attach nails all around the damaged area and a dent puller to pull out the dent. Because you can't get behind it you won't get it all out and will need to use filler to finish it off.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Good thing you did put pics up...

I would knock out all the rust, and paint them so they don't rust again. Then maybe keep an eye on the classifieds for a set of side skirts. It would probably be a lot cheaper than replacing/repairing and refinishing the rocker panels, if money is an issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
side skirts, may also be an issue. I have the car lowered about 1-1.5" so it bottoms out quite easily with all the hills and uneven road here. I think what ill do it just leave it as it is or try to pull the dents out with the welding a nail to it and puilling. Than ks

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Just for the record, Svt focus side skirts do not lower the car. They just fit right over the rocker panel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked into the side skirts for a focus, they actually don't look half bad, now I would need to do touch up to the rest of the body before I got them if I do.
Also I want to sell something in the marketplace on here and it says I don't have the proper privileges? What's with that??

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't think you can post in the marketplace if you are a rookie. I also think you only have to post one more time to loose that status.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts