Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best quarter mile time i should expect with my setup? (cranes 1St , tb, intake chip and exhaust) (2.3 St man.)

With an intake manifold and cosworth header, Should be near 14.3?

how do you guys do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know that driver and different things makes times different, but i just want to know near wich time i should be :p

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Why not just take it to the track and see what it runs?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
sleeper said:
What's the best quarter mile time i should expect with my setup? (cranes 1St , tb, intake chip and exhaust) (2.3 St man.)

With an intake manifold and cosworth header, Should be near 14.3?

how do you guys do?
What is "cranes 1st"?

Ohter than that, a throttle body will get you 1 or 2 hp, intake 7 or 8hp, exhaust 4 or 5 hp, chip maybe 4 or 5 hp.

This totals to about 16-20hp, or about 160-165hp at the crank.

So I'd say mid to low 15's if you can get her out of the hole quick enough.

Add another 10-15 hp for the Cosworth stuff (170-185 hp) and my guess is you'll probably be in the hi 14's.

To get in the low 14's, we're gonna need about 230-240 hp in our foci!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Re: Quarter miles Times

firemanfrank said:
Ohter than that, a throttle body will get you 1 or 2 hp, intake 7 or 8hp, exhaust 4 or 5 hp, chip maybe 4 or 5 hp.

This totals to about 16-20hp, or about 160-165hp at the crank.

Add another 10-15 hp for the Cosworth stuff (170-185 hp) and my guess is you'll probably be in the hi 14's. [/B]
Even if those mods only gave him, 16- 20 hp. That would prolly be at the wheels and besides, 151 plus 20 equals 171 at the flywheel

With the cossy intake manifold you basically have "better than stage two" mean 200 at the crank or 180 at the wheels

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: Re: Quarter miles Times

firemanfrank said:
To get in the low 14's, we're gonna need about 230-240 hp in our foci!
a guy on [FJ] just broke into the 12s with around 250whp.. this is with a 2.0 60' on slicks,which is not very good,and he expects to be mid-low 12s when he can launch it better

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
with that list u can be around 14.2-14.4 easy.

my self with just intake, headers, exhaust 2.5 with a cat, tune, and BS delete i ran a 14.6 sea lvl corrected. this was with a full interior and street tires

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Quarter miles Times

stpower said:
Even if those mods only gave him, 16- 20 hp. That would prolly be at the wheels and besides, 151 plus 20 equals 171 at the flywheel
Sorry, thought his car was the PZEV 2.3 (145hp).

·
Registered
930 Posts
my car gained between 13-16whp and about 12wtq from intake and exhaust (over the average 2.0L baseline)...and i'm a D20. You will be getting some decent 14s if you drive it right.

·
Registered
264 Posts
post some times.. id like to see... (so i can see what my foci is around), i beat a WRX from a 20 roll, so idk what i can do

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Not to bag on you bro but if u beat a WRX from a roll, i dont think it was a good driver. I mean the WRX has more power and is AWD, just something to think about......

·
Registered
264 Posts
^^^ http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=Twitw_4eGHA

theres the race.. i missed 3rd but its obvious what would of happened..... and it doesnt take all to much skill to ride your car in 1st at 20mph and hit the gas....

·
Registered
251 Posts
The SlaYer said:

..... and it doesnt take all to much skill to ride your car in 1st at 20mph and hit the gas....
LMAO....It's true tho, I mean a wrx isn't a power monster by any means. And awd doesn't really mean a thing when you're going from a roll. So good race there Slayer. Oh and what exhaust do you have? Cause it sounds really good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
thank you bro... finaly some props..lol.. its i guess what you can call custom??? i took to a shop by my house and they made it fit... we can call it the ESR Performance Exhaust..lol. oh and thanks i love how its sounds..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts