Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck with buying parts on ebay? Now that we have to pay import taxes on all items coming into my country and we are low vs. the USD, a lot of parts like the K&N intakes and OBX headers are a bit more expensive than I would really want to pay, so I found a few substitutes (knockoffs?) and wondered if anyone has bought them and can comment on the quality and any fitment issues?
Mainly looking at getting this header
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Race-Exhaust-Header-Manifold-For-Ford-12-15-Focus-Mark-III-2-0L/122608662735?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
And this intake
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-2017-Fits-for-Ford-Focus-S-SE-2-0L-2-0-Non-Turbo-AF-DYNAMIC-AIR-INTAKE-KIT/252590578228?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently have the headers on my car and there aren't any real fitment issues with the headers themselves. It removes the cat, so one has to be put in after the headers. The top O2 bung will force the wideband O2 into the firewall. I extended both O2 harnesses and put a cat in and used the lower bung for the wideband and put a new bung in just downstream of the cat. Aside from that direct bolt in. And it is pretty nice too! Noticed lower end power especially with the A/C on.

Can't say too much about the air intake. I just got a silicon hose designed for our intake and completely deleted the lunchbox and snorkel. Sounds pretty bad ass.

·
FF Affiliate
30,365 Posts
I currently have the headers on my car and there aren't any real fitment issues with the headers themselves. It removes the cat, so one has to be put in after the headers. The top O2 bung will force the wideband O2 into the firewall. I extended both O2 harnesses and put a cat in and used the lower bung for the wideband and put a new bung in just downstream of the cat. Aside from that direct bolt in. And it is pretty nice too! Noticed lower end power especially with the A/C on.

Can't say too much about the air intake. I just got a silicon hose designed for our intake and completely deleted the lunchbox and snorkel. Sounds pretty bad ass.
Now you need a Custom Tune

Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to do some trickery to get the code to work as I'm not in America but I ended up getting the intake for $210 aud which I'm pretty happy with. Will hold off on the headers as it seems like it would take another few hundred at an exhaust shop to get it actually installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts