Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if i'm mistaken but the traction control is triggered when one wheel looses traction right?

So what happens when you add a Quaife Differential which gives all the power to the wheel that hasn't lost traction?

Would these conflict?

Paul

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the quaife gives power to both wheels as evenly as possible, they are two different systems using two different ways of controlling traction, one should not be affected by the other i wouldnt think

·
Registered
990 Posts
both

i have both.ordered my car w/tc for sloppy race days. very simply, if its dry on track i shut it off. it has nothing to do with l/s. they are 2 very different animals.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I just got the Quaife Differential installed and also have TC on my SVTF. I plan on playing around with it to see what works the best for getting the full potential out of my Quaife. Even with the TC on, I get a impressive launch. Even with push button off, I get a impressive launch. To be honest I have not notice a diff between the two. Having the Quaife has made a huge impression on my car, I believe mofocus is right and having both will not cause much if any of a confilct. I have not pulled the fuse for the TC as of yet. I will soon enough and post my results.

·
Registered
990 Posts
quaife

where i notice itt he most is under two conditions. very high speed turns such as 9 at summit and 9 at vir. in both cases i am runing 90 plus and it "pulls" the car through very nicely. conversely on 50 mph tight 180s like 1 at both tracks, no wheel spin.

·
Registered
134 Posts
R&DSVTZX5, where did you get your Quaife from? How much did it cost to install? I am wanting one this spring and need to put a budget together! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
R&D got her quaife from focusport and got the bearings from payne technologies. The getrag tranny is a non-serviceable item, meaning it can't be repaired. So you have to get the bearings from someone other than ford.

She doesn't want to mention cost of install. Call your local dealer or tranny shop for an estimate.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Is it really expensive to put one in?? What would yall estimate the cost is??

·
Registered
990 Posts
cost

fair price is 500 to 600 dollars. it is labor intensive. btw, when we did mine at the dealership. ford told us (we are a ford dealer)there was a national backorder on the bearings. then one of the techs noticed that they the same as most chryslers use! thanks ford.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Jeff (focaltech) really helped me out when it come to finding the bearings. FocusSport told me that my dealer would be able to get them, well that is wrong. Because my dealer had already torn my tranny apart and broke a bearing doing so and was unable to get a new one. Due to the fact that the Getrag tranny is a non-serviceable item.

I got a really, really great rate on the install of my Quaife, out of respect to my dealer service dept I would like to keep the amount to myself. My dealer service dept did not want to replace my tranny with a new one, no more than I did considering the fact their was nothing wrong with mine in the first place.

I have a thread in Car Gen Chat "Next Mod, now complete" talking about the install of my Quaife and pictures of the open stock diff if any of you are interested.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Just checked it out looks like a great mod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts