Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after searching endlessly, I think I can be sure nobody else has asked this, but for the longest time, instead of doing a rear seat delete, I would rather chunk the rear bench stocker, and get two fronts out of a salvage Focus, and slap those in the back. Easier said than done I know, but does anybody have any idea if this is possible, what it would take, or if anyone has heard of or seen this before, thanks for anything you can give me.
Trick

·
Registered
464 Posts
well im not absolutely sure but i think you would have to take out another BIG chunk out of your back seat. why you ask? ok, notice how the front seats are sitting on the floor of the car? now, look at where the bottom of the back seat is sitting. its not on the floor like the other ones. its a bit higher up. get what im saying? so some how you would also have to fabricate pieces to have the brackets of the seats hold on to and the seat belts and what not. you know? so all in all you have to find some way to get the back floor level with the front to get the seats in. sorry to bust your bubble. its a great idea though, i would do it if i had tons of money.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah it's been done, there's a guy in Canada here (Red SVT) with a 15" screen moulded in to the dash and a ton of other quite impressive mods that has 4 Recaro's (I think, some aftermarket seat) in his SVTF (3 door).... looks great.

He kicks around www.focuscanada.net and his username is SVT DEAN. His car was in one of the FocusFanatics magazines also (not as a feature) but photos, etc....

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Also I believe these are old pictures, when he first came up with the idea so I think he's since changed the seats and the carpet and done probably a ton of other things also......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts