Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you do the tachometer trick and can display your mph and everything else while driving. I want to know if i can set it up to do that gauge sweep everytime i start my car without having to press in the button?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't think you can.

Technically I think that is a quick diagnostic mode, because it displays other information like engine temp and a whole bunch else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone have an idea where I can get a Digital tach & mph Gauges ?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
latin: check nopi for all their guages. hell, go to autometer directly to try to find something.

llama: hold down your odometer reset button, turn your key and start the car, continue holding the button for a few seconds, and you'll get into "test mode", where you can scroll through a bunch of different readings by pressing the button. it's pretty dope.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
OK, figured out a few others. man, i can't beleive how far off the speedo dial is from the digital readout! it's almost 3mph at some speeds! anywho, if anyone has a complete rundown of the test features, i'd appreciate it

Mike

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Yeah, this thread reminded me of this little trick, so I tried it out the other day - most of the information was completely baffling.

The tachometer fluctuates so fast it's hard to tell what it is reading, but I noticed the same thing about the speedometer as you. The digital readout generally showed I was going slower than the gauge itself read.

Obviously it also shows several different temps in C and F degrees, but what the temps are I don't know (coolant? oil? intake air?). Several other numbers were clearly linked to the car being on and running as they fluctuated or showed a number only when the engine was running. I would love to know more about all these. I'm such a geek sometimes. [paranoid]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually I have noticed that my speedometer is fast by about 3mph. From driving by those little trailers that the cops use. You know those trailers that display how fast you are going by driving past them. Everytime I drive past one it show I am going slower than what my speedo says.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Wow. That sounds pretty cool. I might have to try this tomorrow. I mean today[:D]

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
i love those trailers! i like to go fast as hell when i see one and try to make the lights flash and shit!!!!! it's funny as hell.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah, funny until a cop is sitting around the corner waiting for people that do that! but they're sooooooo tempting. i do it myself, too. why is it things like that always seem like a challenge? it's just like when a sign says you should go 40 around a corner, and you go 60+ just cause.

*sigh*

Mike

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just emailed Ford and asked them for a list of the different features of the diagnostic mode. We'll see if they answer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How is the tach trick done exactly? I saw it on a thread, but I cant find it anymore...
Also, has anyone installed a aftermarket tach in their focus? I bought one, but after I bought it they said I need to buy a $100 adapter to make it work properly. Is there a way to go around this adapter?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts