Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey would anyone be able to post or send me a message on how to take out and clean the EGR valve and tube, cuz i wanna clean it to see if it clears a problem before buying a new tube.

thanks

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
take out the airbox and air tube
find where it is screwed into the IM
use adujustable wrench to unscrew it
remove and label vaumn hoses
uses wrench to remove bolts from header
at this point of time you will most likely realize it is cracked where it connects to the header
if so promply throw out egr and install replacement
follow directions in reverse for install

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, so i should just go ahead and order a replacement?

cuz i have noticed some black exhaust stains around the tubing on the header side

·
Registered
759 Posts
yes replace it.. i know a place you can get one for about $45 plus shipping.. a dealership. not sure if they give discounts to FF members but they give a discount to members of one of the other forums i'm on. let me know if you want thier info (i know the price because mine is cracked all the way around.. i need to order one myself it's a very very common problem with the SPI motors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, replace the tube if it is cracked. It sometimes cracks where it bolts on to the exhaust manifold. You shouldn't have to replace the EGR valve, though. When I replaced my tube, I just took my EGR valve and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, cuz my problems right now were the #2 spark plug, i fixed that, and it was the speed sensor, i ordered that but can the egr tube and speed snsor make your car sound like 1/2 a retarded deisel truck?

·
Registered
326 Posts
cracked egr will sound similar to metal fan blades clanking./exhaust leak lol.. it sucks.. local dealerships anywhere want 80-120. Mike from hilbish can prob. get it way cheaper. like 50 bux. Also ebay had a few.. where i got mine when i had my SPI. I can also see your air/fuel ratio being retarded too lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts