Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mines pzev and it had a sticker on the driver side door that said it. Your thing says your in Hawaii, Ive never heard of HI being a green state. According to Ford pzev is standard in CA, MA, NY, VT and ME. Optional in border states. So, I guess it depends if you bought it new.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Send me your vin# on a PM and ill run it to see. Send me your email also and ill send you the build sheet and info.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought the PZEV engines were the 03-04 models and the 05's and up were all the same engine with the same horsepower rating

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^

nope they make a pzev version of teh 2.oh, but not the 2.3 anymore

look inbetween your battery and engine, if you have a peiece of metal with 4 holes you have a regular duratec, if there what looks like an A-I-R pump, you have a pzev

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wickedgreyzx3 said:
^^

nope they make a pzev version of teh 2.oh, but not the 2.3 anymore

look inbetween your battery and engine, if you have a peiece of metal with 4 holes you have a regular duratec, if there what looks like an A-I-R pump, you have a pzev
got a pic?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you've looked closely at the door plate and the under-hood stickers, and you have NOT seen the letters "PZEV", then it ain't one. And that is good news for you. [:)]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
johnzim63 said:
If you've looked closely at the door plate and the under-hood stickers, and you have NOT seen the letters "PZEV", then it ain't one. And that is good news for you. [:)]
and bad news for the tree huggers. EL OH EL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
and bad news for the tree huggers. EL OH EL.
Chyeah, as if! The non-PZEV 2.0 duratec is a very eco-friendly engine. The PZEV is a misguided way to apply green science IMHO. It's the ultimate "sacrifice-performance-for-the-slightest-emissions-benefit" statement.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
johnzim63 said:
Chyeah, as if! The non-PZEV 2.0 duratec is a very eco-friendly engine. The PZEV is a misguided way to apply green science IMHO. It's the ultimate "sacrifice-performance-for-the-slightest-emissions-benefit" statement.
yes i know that, i was being sarcastic.

the pzev has zero evaporative emissions, meaning there are never any hydrocarbons released into the atmostphere.... and the small amount of hp loss comes from power drawed by the AIR pump and other accesories. Tail pipe emmissions are nearly the same, just the AIR pump heats up the cat convertor a lot quicker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts