1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Are you referring to PZEV?

·
Registered
739 Posts
There's a steel gas tank, better fuel injectors (for better atomization of the fuel), air injection to the exhaust, the lifetime air filter you mentioned, and I want to say there's an extra cat somewhere in the exhaust but I am not sure about that one. I have the PZEV setup on my '09 unfortunately. I believe the HP difference between PZEV and normal is 132 HP to 142 HP respectively.

·
Registered
739 Posts
What's mpg difference? I'm guessing less.
I haven't really seen much of a different from what the other manual 08-09's get in my instance. I would imagine the better fuel injectors would improve fuel economy as it's a finer mist of fuel however the more restrictive intake/exhaust would probably offset any MPG improvements from the injectors so I'd say it's about the same. I average 30 MPG in my car even though I have bigger wheels and wider summer tires than the other trims.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looked up the hp. for your year, 136 for the 45 state version and 130 for the pzev.

Not a large difference.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Well if we compare 2.3l 5sp from 2004 and 2005, it shows the 2004 as having better mpg.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=20704&id=19580

The 2004 2.3 would be pzev and the 2005 would not be. Although thats probably the final drive ratio...

Either way I'd expect the PZEV vs non-PZEV power and mpg to me pretty much unnoticeable. Buy a Flex-pipe back exhaust and CAI/SRI and you should be in the same area of power/mpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts