Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know you could get the 2.3 in the focus ZX3. I was considering the SVT, but it was a little too expensive for me. Is it really about as fast as the SVt? It's cheaper, gets better mileage and ins. prob. less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My friend has a plug in dyno and performance computer that he uses with his modded 2003 svt cobra
12.15 @ 117mph w only pulley & chip so far ) any way his computer is within .09 of official time at infineon raceway formerly sears pt. Anyway the pt. is I ran 7.38 0-60 on the street w/ only 1,000 miles on my car.
have 4,051 miles on car now only mod is Amsoil full synthetic 5w-20xl7500 oil. can't believe how quick this
car is and how well it handles in stock form. Currently have much modded 97 svt Cobra, also owned 87 5.0
from 87-93 also much modded. The 2.3 focus is just as quick as a stock svt focus 0-60. The quickest times
I have seen posted in any mag are 7.4 0-60. I read almost all major domestic car zines and a few euros as
well from reading and personal experience the 2.3 focus especially base zx3s are hands down the best
bang for the buck!!!! cant wait to do a cold air intake(waiting for iceman plastic,had one on my 5.0 it was
great! ) and exhaust, and perhaps a pulley set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts