Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sway bar isn't a hard thing. You could almost do it while on the ground.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I added svt springs to my pzev my understanding is that the rear shocks are the same, same part numbers. The rear sway bar was my first suspension mod, and I liked it just by itself, it cut roll down and cut understeer. I love the car with these mods and 205-40 17s but it can rattle your teeth over potholes. the advantage with svt is if a dealer complains about mods you can say hey this is all ford stuff!

·
Registered
344 Posts
mikeyp:
what did you mod with your rear sway bar? did you replace or install (for a lack of)?
i know the rear bumpstops are the same for the zx3/svt, but i don't think the shocks are. the svt shocks and struts are shorter, i think, for less travel with the svt springs. the thread on focal jet included many who did not install the struts, only the springs, and were pleased with the improvement, but from what i read it sounds like the zx3 struts/shocks will not hold up as long, and the svt shocks outperform the zx3.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Replaced stock 18 mm sway bar with 21 mm svt bar.The pzev has a different suspension to the regular,(zetec) zx-3.among the changes are different rear shocks I have read in a couple of threads that they are the same as the svt rear shocks and have the same part numbers .However this was not carved in stone in the Bible or anything and might not be accurate. but this is a very popular swap and I have read that many are using svt peices on zx-3s without problems as the drop is only 3/4 inch or so and can be handled by stock suspension easily unlike major drops of twice as much or more I must have close to 10,000 miles on mine with no problems.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear sway bar is 20mm.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I saw the eibach set on a foci I was going to buy... I was dig'n it. What's the difference between eibach and SVT? Eibach is performace and SVT is semi? SVT is best in it's class, right? I don't know much about this stuff but a little enlightnment from my FF brother's and sisters would help me out a lot.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am personally after better performance and better looks (as in rims hugging the wheel)

·
Registered
344 Posts
i replaced the zx3 suspension with the svt today. all i can say is: why don't all foci come with this standard? the drop is noticeable, but still relatively high- it might settle a little bit later on, but it looks better than before. cornering has improved greatly, in higher speeds, control, and sharpness (whereas before i might take a right hand turn at an intersection a little wide and slow due to lean and body roll, i can now go thru the turn with much more acceleration and less brake to start the turn with) . the ride is still smooth almost seems smoother. but i have yet to compare it to the eibach or others, but it is quite an upgrade to what i had before, so i am happy, even though it broke my small bank to get the whole setup.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jeremy said:
i replaced the zx3 suspension with the svt today. all i can say is: why don't all foci come with this standard?even though it broke my small bank to get the whole setup.
What components did you swap? Front/Rear Springs, Shocks/Struts, Bumper Stops, anything else? Did you run into any problems? How long did it take? Any pics?
I am doing mine next Sat.
Thanks

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
there are no problems to be had if you use all the pieces. These parts are entirely interchangeable...well, I wouldn't go from a SVT suspension on an SVT to a ZX3...the SVT weighs more. Anyways...you should expect about an inch drop from the SVT suspension, and a better ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts