Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although all autotomotive engines with serpentine belts are supposed to have diagrams of the belt routing in the engine compartment and/or in the owner's manual, my 2004 Focus ZTW wagon with PZEV engine came without any.

My ZTW also came without an inner fender shield in the left rear wheel well and missing a protective sponge-rubber cover over the receiver-dryer under the right front corner of the car. It was made during the 2003 end-of-year Holidays, I sure hope they didn't leave off anything else important! [:(]

A helpful service advisor at Downey Ford in Downey, CA, faxed them to me and I put them up on a web site in case others need them.

Print and keep in your owner's manual if you don't have a belt routing diagram, figuring out how the belt is supposed to be routed is NOT fun:

http://pdhomes.net/diy/tondelayo/pzev/serpentine_belt_diagrams.html

Please note the top diagram is for cars with air conditioning, the bottom diagram is for cars without A/C.

Hope this helps someone,
Tondelayo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi tondelayo,

Thanks for posting. I noted with interest you mention of the missing left rear fender liner. Just took delivery of an '04 ZTS sedan (same engine) and my sedan had it's left rear fender liner when I bought it. However, just took my first long drive with it today and when I got home that liner was missing! If it's just you and I, then it's coincidence. If others have had a similar experience (anyone?) I would suggest there's an assembly problem. Mine goes in Monday for a replacement.

- Kevin

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My '03 ZTW was missing the left headlamp dust cap and was all dirty inside the lamp. The dealer replaced it but damaged the fender and bumper slightly.

I found just today that the fasteners for the rear bumper skins were missing near the wheel wells. They did seam loose while washing and finally noticed the brackets and empty holes while underneath. I put one of those plastic fasteners in and it is much more solid now.

One of the radiator brackets was loose.

A grounding screw near the right tail light was loose.

A rubber seal plug on the valve cover for a sensor wasn't pressed in and was allowing dirt in.

I think that's it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts