Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Tom,

I am taking delivery of a 2007 ZX3 5spd. in a week. I was wondering what you think the best power upgrades are for that car? It will be my daily driver, so I can't get too crazy, but I wanted to get some more power out of it. I am not looking for huge gains (10-15hp is fine) and I need to retain CARB legality since I live in California.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Todd

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I was about to jump up and say how happy I am with the K&N Typhoon I put on my PZEV this weekend, but that's not going to pass your CARB legal test. I think for a legal intake your only choice is Cosworth, and perhaps the same place for an exhaust. Other than that there's not much you can (legally) mess with...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK....thanks for the input. What is a good source to buy those items? Are there any cold air intakes available for that car?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The Cosworth intake is at the bottom of the page. You might want to hide your checkbook and credit cards first [:D]

BTW, that was just a quick Google search to see where I could find it, there may be better prices for the looking...
And I don't know much about CARB legal exhaust, and I only know the Cosworth from threads on this list. You can learn a lot here!
Also check out our sponsors on the forum...

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
Contact Tony D at new edge or CFM there both sponsors here and fs isnt as well as a fs link isnt allowed in the Focus-Power section

mvhudson nothing to do with a reflection on you , your welcome to answer in the FP section any time

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts