Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I will be buying a 2007 ZX3 SES 5 spd. PZEV and was wondering what SMOG LEGAL motor mods can be made. I have searched extensively but do not see anything in the aftermarket that is available that is both smog legal (CARB-exempt) and that will fit the 06-07 cars. Any ideas?

Also, I test drove an '07 5 spd ZX3 and it doesn't seem to have as much power as my wife's '06 ZX3 auto. Any ideas? Does anyone have gas mileage readings from their 07's yet?

·
Registered
345 Posts
bout the only thing legal I can think of off the top of my head is the cosworth cai, and a second cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
251 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
the only smog legal part for your car is a cat back exhuast.
Actually it's just as craigb3 said, The Cosworth CAI and a cat-back exhaust that keeps your second cat are the only 2 smog legal parts you can put on your car.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Zyghot said:
Actually it's just as craigb3 said, The Cosworth CAI and a cat-back exhaust that keeps your second cat are the only 2 smog legal parts you can put on your car.
nope, it's only good up to 2005 for the cosworth cai.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i think i heard the 07s have a better tune for mileage or something like that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
nope, it's only good up to 2005 for the cosworth cai.
Ah, I see....I guess they don't wanna drop the money for a re-certification on the newer years. Thnx for the info.

·
Registered
47 Posts
get an ST at least it has a 2.3

·
Registered
251 Posts
He can get an 03-04 zx3 and still have a 2.3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts