Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out my stock exhaust header, so I don't need the pump anymore that sent air directly into it. If anyone has done the PZEV delete I'd appreciate a few tips!

Ok, I think 1 is the main junction/controller, 2 is the now unused hose for sending air to the header, 3 is a little hose that goes to 4, which also has a little hose that plugs into the top of my intake manifold, and 5 is a large hose that goes across the top of the radiator support and vanishes into the right fender.

- If I take that little hose out of the intake mani, how do I plug the hole?
- Where the heck does that big hose go in the fender, and how do I take it out?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
16,578 Posts
How are you going to get that car passed by CA inspection???

·
Registered
522 Posts
PZEV = "Partial Zero Emission Vehicle" If anyone plans on 'deleting' that then buy a city bus pass.

·
Registered
16,578 Posts
If the OP dumps the afterburner air system the car will no longer be a PZEV and fail emissions testing as soon as they scan the PCM..........California even faster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
#5 goes to pump, which is located in the right front fenderwell, below headlight.

IIRC, the intake hose supplies vacuum for the switch that controls the tumble flaps. Might want to check that unless you are deleting flaps.

FYI-
OP lives in a rural Calif area that has no biannual smog inspections/testing.

·
Registered
16,578 Posts
Went and looked, there are 6 counties there that do not require testing throughout the county, only in certain zipcodes. That's not much. That of course has nothing to do with breaking federal law modding the system, here in Texas the state highway patrol can bust you over that even if in a no test county. I watched them do that to the GM dealer here, they got 4-5 guys at $10K fine each for modding engines. Jailtime for all. They CAN do it if they get it in their heads to do so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went and looked, there are 6 counties there that do not require testing throughout the county, only in certain zipcodes. That's not much. That of course has nothing to do with breaking federal law modding the system, here in Texas the state highway patrol can bust you over that even if in a no test county. I watched them do that to the GM dealer here, they got 4-5 guys at $10K fine each for modding engines. Jailtime for all. They CAN do it if they get it in their heads to do so.
Good for you...

In the meantime, lets answer his questions; that's what we do here.

·
Registered
16,578 Posts
That's pretty funny, as I had advised those GM guys to stop that and they had pretty much your same outlook on things.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Want performance? Get a reflash tune.

That's pretty funny, as I had advised those GM guys to stop that and they had pretty much your same outlook on things.
Yeah but if anybody wants REAL perfermense then JB weld the radiator and do the water pump delete. [wiggle]

Somebody will think they found a technical loophole when a local jurisdiction isn't identical to other jurisdictions. You're correct - it's against federal DOT & EPA law to alter factory emission controls on a vehicle driven on a public roadway. Same goes for Canada and EU nations.

·
Registered
522 Posts
This thread is 11 years old.

Good for you...

In the meantime, lets answer his questions; that's what we do here.
...and OP's last sign in was 7 months ago... I have my doubts he's still working on that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There's a lot of threads in here about deleting/altering emissions..... You guys have your work cut out for you to let everyone know......

·
Registered
16,578 Posts
I have to take credit for that, I am the one that struck the dead thread back up.

Dumb-ss me. I usually catch that.

'You guys have your work cut out for you to let everyone know...'

Let one of those black-and-whites stop you here in Tejas and you may find out quick enough. The strike I spoke of above began with one of them looking at an inspection sticker a little too close when he pulled up on an accident that just happened.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have to take credit for that, I am the one that struck the dead thread back up.

Dumb-ss me. I usually catch that.

'You guys have your work cut out for you to let everyone know...'

Let one of those black-and-whites stop you here in Tejas and you may find out quick enough. The strike I spoke of above began with one of them looking at an inspection sticker a little too close when he pulled up on an accident that just happened.
It's not dumb. It's actually a good thing since new members are always coming and going.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts