Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I've seen has the SVT PowerWorks kit putting out 10psi on a stock engine, but I'm being told elsewhere that its more like 11.5-12. I can get barely 10 on my Autometer Phantom boost gauge. Anyone know definitively that it is in fact around 10psi?

The reason I ask is, I bought a FC 5.7" crank pulley upgrade, which I understood would add 1.5lb boost. Now on FJ I have been told it'd give me closer to 13.5-14psi. Obviously, on stock internals I wouldn't want to run that much boost.

Thirdly, I plan to tune for the additional boost and do fuel, intake and exhaust supporting mods, I feel under 12psi would be safe from what I've learned so far. If anyone can post that they have successfully run 12psi on stock SVT internals successfully, please post it up. If people are really melting them down on that little boost, I'm going to scrap the boost upgrade, just do the exhaust, call it a day and drive it. Any help or input would be appreciated...sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for info, someone has got to have some!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I guess you could say I've run safely on 14psi...... I ran at 19psi for over 2 years (until I got greedy and threw so much boost through the motor that it popped)

14psi on stock SVT internals is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bottom end can take it...Really boils down to how good a tune you have, do you have enough fuel and watching you IAT's. 14psi...All day long

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sweet, I'm only planning on running 12, so I'm not worried about a thing!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you can make the trip, take it down to McNew's and have them tune it for you. I have nothing but good to say about the performance and quality of the tune on my old PWSC.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I will do that, PA is a stones throw away, but only if they can do it in a day or so, I know your car was down there forever. Does McNew's use SCT devices? I am thinking about picking one up. Also did you have cold start/idle issues with your tune...mine doesn't like temps under about 30* Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Rhody, mine was tuned on a Diablo Predator.

Also if yours is tuned on the Stock PW, I'm not positive but you might have to get it reflashed back to stock by a Ford dealer before they can do a custom tune. Can somedoby correct me if I'm wronge?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Does McNew's use SCT devices? I am thinking about picking one up. Also did you have cold start/idle issues with your tune...mine doesn't like temps under about 30* Thanks
I know they have SCT, dunno if they do Diablosport.

I think my car actually ran better when it was cold. It was more aggressive with bypass roaring, but definitely benefitted from the colder air. In the summer it would surge a bit at very low throttle and RPMs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Damn reading that and seeing the gains now i want a powerworks!!! DAMN them for not making them anymore!!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rhody, mine was tuned on a Diablo Predator.

Also if yours is tuned on the Stock PW, I'm not positive but you might have to get it reflashed back to stock by a Ford dealer before they can do a custom tune. Can somedoby correct me if I'm wronge?
How would this work? Wouldn't it like blow up if I drove it on the stock tune...do you have to flash it at the Ford dealer and have it towed to the tuner?
I'll have to contact McNews I guess and find out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts