Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used powerworks supercharger kit that I will be installing next week. I have a few questions regarding oiling of the supercharger.

The previous owner included a bottle of GM supercharger oil with the kit. My questions are:

1. How often am I supposed to change the supercharger oil?
2. How much oil am I supposed to put into it?

Sorry for the newbie questions but this is my first experience with a supercharged car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
456 Posts
The oil is supposed to be good for 100K miles ... so it doesn't need changed at a regular interval.

Should be fill to the level of the plug - I don't remember if it has to be horizontal or vertical (as installed in vehicle), but they are probably close.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
The oil is supposed to be good for 100K miles ... so it doesn't need changed at a regular interval.

Should be fill to the level of the plug - I don't remember if it has to be horizontal or vertical (as installed in vehicle), but they are probably close.
I would still check the level every 5k and make sure its clean. It would be bad if you had a leak and didnt know about it and the bearings went bad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It was my understanding that the PWSC is fully self-contained and the only reason any SC oil would ever be needed is if the snout was removed. Is that incorrect??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks COSDEVSVT, I'm about 3/4 of the way through the powerworks install now, its quite a bit more of an in depth installation than most people seem to think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts