Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed my 04 SVT Focus back firing the other day. Everything from the PWKS SVT kit is stock. I do not notice anything on acceleration but on the decel it starts to back fire. It does it on a medium accel up to about 4500rpm's lets say in 3rd and then if you slowly let it decel without clutching it will begin to backfire. Its not back like i have seen other cars do but I do not want it to get bad nor do I want it to do damage to my motor. I have read alot of things about the PWKS tune and will be getting good ole Tom to give me a hand with the toon...lol... thats only if he finds it in his heart to do a PWKS tune. lol, but anywho before I start throwing parts at it and if someone jumps on and says the PWKS is crap and retune before you start doing stuff please let me know of anything any of you guys can think of... Thanks

Mike

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Wideband? U should have one to monitor ur a/f

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
In most cases to have back fire you have to have a small leak somewhere in the exh system a lot of times its so small you cannot hear it unless your under there listening

Tom

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Even my stock SVT has "popping" in the exhaust on decel in gear. You may have an exhaust leak thats making it more apparent now. My stock exhaust was leaking around the first resonator (just after the flex pipe more or less between driver and passenger seat)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just ordered j&s safeguard... aem wideband and fuel pressure gauge. I will do a complete exhaust inspection tonight when I get my car back on my lift. Thanks guys if you can think of anything else please let me know and if anything changes or I find anything new tonight ill post it up here. I ordered sct x3 and in about a month cause I'm shipping my car back to good ole Alabama ill be hitting Tom up for a retune. Thanks

MIKE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts