Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been installing the powerworks supercharger kit on my car for several days. I am converting a manual trans kit to work on my automatic which has been the biggest PITA tons of issues and problems I've had to solve (Mark from PW sent me most of the necessary parts and tuned it.) Well I've gotten to routing the lines for the remote oil filter relocation and I have no idea how they are run on the automatic kit as this is for a 5 speed. I know they mount on the drivers side but can anyone with the kit on their automatic tell me how they route over to the drivers side or even better take me a few pics. I am really stuck and need your help.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
456 Posts
Did you get the really long crimped-end oil lines and filter relocation bracket from Mark? The lines run behind the engine, under the brake booster, up over the DS wheelwell (remove plastic liner to route and replace), and down to the relocation bracket which is down on the outside of the DS framerail roughly under the headlight.

The manual kits clamp-on short lines and relocation on the PS framerail won't work with the ATX or SVT.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't get these lines and after I looked through the manual I figured out how the lines start and from there figured out how they should be run. Instead of getting them from mark I measured everything out and went to the performance shop by my house and made a custom stainless steel braided setup with a few 90 degree conectors. I think it should fair better in Michigan weather then the lines included in the kit, plus I won't ever have to worry about a line blowing out. Thanks for the help though COSDEVSVT at least now I know how they should be run, sounds exactly ran my stainless setup, then again there aren't too many ways you can go.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finished my oil lines and they look great and I love the way that I routed them. I used 4 aeroquip 90 degree fittings and about 13-13 1/2 ft. of aeroquip stainless steel braided #8 line. I will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom I routed the oil lines the same routing as the stock lines are routed and the stock lines are the same diameter as the #8 and the stock has 90 degree fittings going into the filter as well or so it shows in the powerworks manual. Really the only difference I can see between the two setups is one is stainless instead of rubber hose and the aeroquip fittings appear to be much better quality granted they are expensive. (could be wrong). I was very careful not to change the size of the line or the routing and fittings used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts