Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many out there are satisfied with their PW daily driver & how many wish that they had gone with a Turbo?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Love my Powerworks, best bang for the buck kit out there.

As soon as I hit 300 whp with it, I will be switching to turbo and go for 400-450'ish whp.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have a question for you PW folks also--how many of you installed the kit yourselves??? If so, was it easy and would you recommend it for someone who has only done mild engine work/upgrades (is it REALLY just bolt-on???)

Thanks, hope this is not a thread-jack but just an enhancement to the original question [thumb]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yeah, it's ALL bolt on......just have to rip all the intake shit out, move the engine FORWARD, shove it in, and bolt everything back together....

my buddy and I did it in 4 days over a long weekend.......with sockets, and tools, and not too much else......on jack stands

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
loosten the drivers mount, remove the pass mount, remove the rear mount, and crowbat the engine a few inches forward [;)]

support the tranny..........

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a question for you PW folks also--how many of you installed the kit yourselves??? If so, was it easy and would you recommend it for someone who has only done mild engine work/upgrades (is it REALLY just bolt-on???)

Thanks, hope this is not a thread-jack but just an enhancement to the original question [thumb]
Yes I did. It is not that bad. I took me about a week, I did not work on it alot maybe 2-3 hours a night at the most. That included removal of the Vortech SC, Nitrous kit and some other work I did why I was in there. The biggest thing for me is I have another car, a garage and I was not pushed on time to get it done

·
Registered
753 Posts
The one thing I would make better/upgrade on the PW kit are the oil lines going to the relocated filter.Those steel lines are such a pain to tighten once everything is in place and it takes a couple of tweaks to get them to stop leaking.As for those clamp-on rubber lines,even with better full circle clamps,they are just an accident waiting to happen.Other than that (and the unmentionable backwards pulley incident),they make good power and are like a factory install when done.If you are looking for higher hp/tq numbers though, look at turbos.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The lines (for me atleast) are a easy fix I build hydrualic lines for Aircraft.......3000psi on the lines for a airplane... I will be doing the same when my car is back from Massive Speed's shop and in my garage.

Even the oil lines are not that big of a deal. As for going back.... I would have torn the motor down for the build up before I installed the PW instead of the process that I am going through now

·
Registered
87 Posts
My dad and I installed the PW in about 4 easygoing days. Well worth it in my book. I agree with everyone saying the oil filter relocation kit is a weak point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts