Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi FFs,
I've got a puzzler for ya. I just changed the half-axles and front wheel bearings in my SE. Brake pads were pretty much gone, so installed a new set. Filled up the tranny and took it down off the jacks. Start it up and shift it into gear and it won't move! Tried every gear and still nothing! Jacked up the vehicle once again and the front tires spin freely. Everything connected and no leaks.

Whats wrong?

Clue; Used a C-clamp to retract the plungers on the disc breake calipers. Resevoir cap was not removed. Brake fluid leaked onto floor.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
You mean , it just spins or it stalls out because you are dragging the rear? Automatic or 5 spd ? My answer is that the C clamp screwed up the rear calipers. They are supposed to screw in to release..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine starts and the transmission will go into any gear. Then when the clutch is let out, the speedometer shows that the car is gaining speed, but the car doesn't move.[xx(]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats it! The Ford Focus was built with three different transmissions and I ordered the wrong set. The half-shafts looked like they were in because the preformed oil seals are the same size on all three tranny types. But the splined part of the shaft was being perfectly suspended in the center of the female splined output hub. The transmission would turn but not touch the half shafts splined male counter-part.

Nice Work IROC34!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
You must have the axles for the IB 5. The Getrag axles out of the SVT won't fit at all . I believe they are thicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts