Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the clutch kit back in the 03 zx3, and I'm putting it back together, right now I'm putting the starter back on, and something seems maybe off to me?

In the pic you will see on the bottom left side of the cardboard I got the starter bolts punched in it, well if I remember right the bolt in the back has a L shaped bracket that pushed the starter towards the bell housing? Correct?

Thanks, I might need more help along the way, so I'll keep using this thread, instead of opening more.

Djzx3

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that already. It doesn't show me the bracket for a 2.3l.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, yea it's the box type thermostat thingy on the right side of the block, they call it the thermostat housing, but it's not, because the thermostat housing on a Duratec is under the intake manifold, so I call it the thermostat thingy.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey does anyone have any technique to getting the half shaft back in the diff?

Can I push using the shaft of it, Could I take the boot off and hit the metal end with a 2x4? What can be used or done to get it back in with ease?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
wha ti do is stick it back in the hub and finger tighten the bolt on and then use the whole hub to slam it back in there. :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Cool idea using the card and devide it into sections and marking what bolts go where. Ive never thought of that one.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wha ti do is stick it back in the hub and finger tighten the bolt on and then use the whole hub to slam it back in there. :)
Ah okay, yea one of the guys at my pops shop said that you can push on a half shaft, and if it breaks then that usually means it was ready to go, you just can't pull on a half shaft.

Cool idea using the card and devide it into sections and marking what bolts go where. Ive never thought of that one.
And yea it helps, some of the bolts are the same anyways, but I'd rather be sure then sorry.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But eh, just to be sure this ain't a myth or anything, just in case I do break the half shaft.

Are the half shafts you get from Autozone or Advance auto parts or Pep boys all shorter then the stock one? And the only way to get one the right length is from Ford?

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK just one more question that has me guessing?

Why is my Haynes manual telling me to use Mercron V Automatic trans fluid on my 03 MTX75?

Is this right? Or what type of trans fluid does this use?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I can't give you any definite answers on the starter and hal-shaft question, never did either, so I won't tell you something that I don't know. My 2000 ZX3 called for the Mercon as well, but I would check your owners manual,and I think there should be a sticker label under the hood with specs for the fluids the car takes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been using Mercon V ATF for 2002 zx3. I've done it more than 4 times already.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am not sure. I have an automatic, though. The manual would be the best place to go.

75w-90? I used this thing into the differential of a 4wheel drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts