Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to use the spare on my Focus. Am having trouble getting it packed back into the trunk .... jack and all. Can't find any instructions. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
You have to wine the jack down until the lever lines up with the hole. Its hard to explain but thats the only way to get it back in there.

First the jack goes in first, then you secure it with the bolt. Then the spare tire goes over the jack and you secure that with another bolt.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Check back tomorrow, I'll try to remember to snap a pic with my digi cam. It's kind of like putting a puzzle together.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
definitely one of the biggest pains in my ass i've ever had to deal with is trying to align the jack and tire JUST right so that they'll fit in there nicely. lol

·
Registered
798 Posts
After about 15 minutes of trying to get the screw lined up with the hole I quit and just let it go without being bolted down. It doesn't move around or anything so I don't really worry about it.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
what i did...
i start to pull the jack up (as i was trying to pull up the car) until it the tire fit over it....
not hard....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts