Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased mudflaps but looking for suggestions on putting them on...what hardware do I need. Thanks.(universal rally armor basic is what they are)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Errrrr.. I made a template using cardboard. I then used u-nuts, bolts and washers to secure them to the fenders.

I've been told this is overkill but they haven't budged since I put them on two years ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Errrrr.. I made a template using cardboard. I then used u-nuts, bolts and washers to secure them to the fenders.

I've been told this is overkill but they haven't budged since I put them on two years ago.
How much ground clearance?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
How much ground clearance?

As much or as little as you want, lol. There's no specific place to put them on the fenders, per say. Hence the template. I just put the template up to the fender and found a location I liked. I don't scrape on anything if that's what you're worried about :p so it's definitely avoidable with the right positioning.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,013 Posts
Inch from the ground you will scrape going over bumps and anywhere you turn. Try to stay around 2.5-3 inches at least.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine are about an inch off the ground in front (but I'm lowered a bit) and they only scrape on steep driveways and if you corner ridiculously fast. I like how they're close to the ground. And also I just used zip ties to attach mine. They've held on for almost a year and I've had no problems. Survived a Midwest winter too so it's plenty strong enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts