Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This I'm sure will sound retarded to most of you, but does anyone know how much of the SVT system can be put onto a 2006 zx3?

I want the SVT exhaust sound... would the muffler alone fit in the stock location?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i would think u would hve to make it longer because the header is on the oppisite saide of the engine bay and also u wont have the same sound because u have a totally different engine then the svt and differences in power so the sound will not be what u think it is

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I live in California so I can't remove the cats, but what about a flex-back? Would that be relatively bolt-on with maybe a new adapter at the flex?

anyone care to snap some shots of the underside of their SVT? lol

And I realize the engines are different, but I'm sure it would be very very close.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
hes gonna have to get an axle back becaus ea cat back removes one of the cats not both as where the axle back connects after the second cat. slao u would think that they are similar but there not i hav ea friend with a 2002 zx3 and he has teh same set up as mine and its a totaly different sound

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cruzstyle said:
hes gonna have to get an axle back becaus ea cat back removes one of the cats not both as where the axle back connects after the second cat. slao u would think that they are similar but there not i hav ea friend with a 2002 zx3 and he has teh same set up as mine and its a totaly different sound
Does it sound good?

And so from the axle back the SVT exhaust system would be the same routing and size (ie clearance-wise) as the zx3?

what if I just replaced the muffler? Does the SVT muffler reside in the same location as on the zx3?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
those question s i dont kknow the ansers to but the axle back is the only way u can keep both cats on your car. i was born and raised in killa cali so i would keep your cats on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts