Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was just going to put a can on for now untill warrenty is up, im just going to cut and clamp. but i dont want to loose power and speed if i put it on, either dual 2' outs or 1 3 inch out?? which would be better for sounds and back pressure.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll be the first to chime in and say, "DON'T DO IT!!!"

They'll sound like ass, look like ass, and we'll think you're an ass for having either on your car [;)]

They scream rice. Hack the lunchbox but for God's sake (and for the sake of the Focus community) just have a regular chrome tip put on. The stock one is 3" already, no need to put some retarded looking chrome bee can behind it.

The rear diffuser isn't wide enough to fit dual tips reasonably.

All this is just opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I don't think I'll be alone here though.

PS: Get on over to the Great Lakes forum Great Lakes forum and sign up for the all-Ohio meet later on in July!

·
Registered
240 Posts
like yakimushi said just don't do it please but if you have to go with the 1 3 inch out

·
Registered
285 Posts
oh god make it stop...never put a fart can on the back of a nice american automobile...its just not right and sounds like a bunch of bee's driving down the street, keep it stock or hack the lunchbox

·
2,272 Posts
Ok now lets get one thing strait. The cans do not sound like crap. That is the big name brands do not. I had an obx on my car and it sounded awesome only it looked like crap. The cans you buy on ebay for $20 sound like crap. Don't pay under $100 for a new muffler. Just don't.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I seriously don't think you would like the sound. I myself would never even consider putting a fart can on my beloved SVTF! JMO

"Just Say No"

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh BTW, I wasn't endorsing the use of fart cannons on SVT or non-SVT foci. In fact, the only car I've ever seen/heard with a can on that didn't sound like a fart cannon was a WRX Sti with an HKS - other than that, NO!

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is a guy in my town who has an '03 SVTF, and he decided to put a can on. First of all it comes out at an angle which makes it look like crap, then there is the obvious that it sounds like crap. If your going to do exhaust do cat-back. I have full Borla cat-back exhaust on my car and I absolutly love it, sure it isn't as loud as a can but it looks a million times better and sounds better in my opinion. If you had a ZX3 i would say go for it if u want, but the SVTF is better than that :D.

·
Registered
565 Posts
popecruz said:
leave the fart cans for the non-svt foci. they can get away with it. not us.
[duh]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
They'll sound like ass, look like ass, and we'll think you're an ass for having either on your car

wrong and wrong......heres my universal muffler, it sounds better than any Borla/Magnaflow (from what I like, a low rumble at idle, and strong sound on accel. but not too loud)....seeing as I owned them all before, trust me. The Focus meet it was listened to and looked at, and it got a big [thumb] 60 bucks, you can't beat it.

Why pay 350 for 6hp when you can get 2hp with just a muffler........get the Autogear muffler. They sound best, low rumble and they don't whine, pop or sound like a cat getting beat with a screaming baby.

Sure go ahead and hate/flame........it looks nice to me, and sounds great to everyone else...I'll take my 350 and do something else with it, thank you very much...and I am far from broke, but I have common sense too. [rolleyes]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
oh my bad, this is in the svt forum!!! thats what I get for clicking on most recent threads from the main page........

it sounds nice on a duratech, maybe it would sound different on a svt..........not too much though I wouldn't think.

·
Registered
516 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:
wrong and wrong......heres my universal muffler, it sounds better than any Borla/Magnaflow (from what I like, a low rumble at idle, and strong sound on accel. but not too loud)....seeing as I owned them all before, trust me. The Focus meet it was listened to and looked at, and it got a big [thumb] 60 bucks, you can't beat it.

Why pay 350 for 6hp when you can get 2hp with just a muffler........get the Autogear muffler. They sound best, low rumble and they don't whine, pop or sound like a cat getting beat with a screaming baby.

I'd rather pay 350 for proven power/performance than 60 for something that sounds like a swarm of bees and doesn't really do anything.

Too each their own though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The rear muffler exhaust looks decent on the ZX3, but on the SVT because of the rear bumper, it just doesn't fit quite right and looks like dookie. My buddies ZX3 has the HKS and it looks pretty good, it's also real quiet.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I'd rather pay 350 for proven power/performance than 60 for something that sounds like a swarm of bees and doesn't really do anything.
what part about it sounds great and low growl, and it doesn't whine or pop or sound high pitched at all...........is hard for you? Please let me know, because I can dumb it down some more if you are that challenged.

And I wouldn't exactly call 4-6hp power anything....you are talking to a guy that had owned a Ligenfelter, a beemer with a v8, a nova and a zex kit which I put on a probe and a v6 saturn....

being sporty and having true power are two different things. So please continue to purchase items to make you feel warm inside...not flaming you or nothing...but why flame things you don't like, for no reason.........

My buddies ZX3 has the HKS and it looks pretty good, it's also real quiet.
look, an honest man! thank you.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Snakebite202 said:
In fact, the only car I've ever seen/heard with a can on that didn't sound like a fart cannon was a WRX Sti with an HKS - other than that, NO!
It's called the boxer sound[:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts