Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right lads,need some help!!!!
recently got a 05 ford focus lx hatchback and as you can tell from the title i wanna put in a double din stereo!!!can this be done??is is hard?and can i hook it up to the steereing wheel remote??im new to all rhis so any help seriously appreciated!!
cheers
steven

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i know on an 05 american focus that its pretty simple...got a picture of your dashboard we could use for reference?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
There are threads here that say it can be done....the width/height are right. I guess the depth might be an issue. Over here the audio install places can supply you with an adapter harness. One end plugs into the Focus harness, and the other end plugs into your particular audio unit. That would make the wiring simple enough. As to the steering wheel controls......?

·
Banned
263 Posts
there is steering wheel control interfaces so yes you can retain them. i would recommend that you go to a garage because the installation shouldn't be much and its just a safer way. be sure to ask about the steering controls that is extra. and may i recommend the radio that looks fantastic in our dashes and performs exceptional. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=182350&i=130AVICF70&tp=526
retains the factory appearance but with alot of features for the price

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye know yer stuff!!as to the stereo suggested im looking for one that plays divx and stuff as well,any other suggestions??i thought by the appearance(havent measured em up) but the double din size wouldnt span across the whole space,maybe only as far as the outer buttons of the current audio system??would anyone have photos of similar jobs done that i'd like to do????
cheers!!!!

·
Banned
263 Posts
you have a double din radio now. the size is same as stock. here is one that is a level up from that one. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=300&i=130AVICF90&tp=5684 the first one is perfect for someone who wants everything but dvd. this is the same plus the dvd feature. the metra part # for the install kit is 95-5812. i dont have any installed pics but it will look just as it does now with just the new radio in place. i deal with high end car audio on a daily basis and all i use/recommend for source units are pioneers. unless you really want to jump in price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts