Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[???:)] my car never did this b4 it just started a lil while ago....when I start up my car it putters...like the rpms go from like nothing to like 1500 so I step on the gas a tad and get it to like 1600 and it still does it but for a shorter time....it sounds like the car wants to die when this happens and the cars new, only 7500 miles on it...I told the dealership bought the fuel pump thing cause my mileage sucks ass and they said it is fine (just overlooking check not physical check)...when the car is warm it won't do it but when its cold its like dead :( what gives??? Take it in and yell bought fuel pump?

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noone?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
you should definately take it back to the dealer and have them check the car. if they dont help you at the dealership you got your car from then just go to another dealership so you can get the help you need on your car.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
sometimes dealerships are nazi's like that and by law if it is under warranty they have to fix the problem. the only time they wouldn't fix the problem would be if they have diagnossed your car and you did something aftermarket that cause the vehicle to fail. all it looks like you've done is all show no go. im not mocking your car of you but a drop if K&N filter element by no means is going to void your warranty or make your car bog down like that. im guessing it is something to do with your fuel pump, maybe you should put some fuel injection cleaner in your tank and see if that helps any just temporarily for now.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna try that...my friend buys some cases of specialized stuff I forgot what its called but its like on eof the best brands...he might let me try some lol....I think it is the fuel pump and totally no offense taken :) my car gets called names all the time I don't mind...it is all show and no go for now [burnout] next summe the transformation begins hopefully if I can save up enough money...lets go header turbo etc. :)

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ps thanks for the help :) sry I replied late I have been busy busy the last few days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts