Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these Putco conversion kits on Auto Parts Warehouse for $128 and they are a kit you just drop in... Does anyone have any experience dropping something like this into the stock housing? I also noticed them in H11 and H13 housings at much different prices, I'd just be putting them into a stock SE hatchback. Thanks in advance for any insight you might have.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would assume that it would have the same light scattering as HID's in a stock housing. Projector retrofit would likely be the best route, but labor intensive..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, ok, I thought I had read somewhere that LED's worked well with the factory projection cutoff, but I could be wrong... I'll have to research that a bit more.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hmmm, ok, I thought I had read somewhere that LED's worked well with the factory projection cutoff, but I could be wrong... I'll have to research that a bit more.
It really all depends on the car. Some reflector housings work well with LEDs and HIDs, some don't.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really all depends on the car. Some reflector housings work well with LEDs and HIDs, some don't.
Very true, I suppose that's what I was fishing for when I created this thread, maybe someone will come along... Also, by chance do you know what the difference is between H11 and H13's on MK3's? Is one low beam and the other high?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm thinking about it, I'm just trying to figure out whats the deal with H11 vs. H13? Do you know if one is high beam and one is low, or??? The H11 kit is $129 and the H13 kit is like $190...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I'm thinking about it, I'm just trying to figure out whats the deal with H11 vs. H13? Do you know if one is high beam and one is low, or??? The H11 kit is $129 and the H13 kit is like $190...
Our headlights have separate high beams. So you only need the low beam bulb. From my understanding, the difference between h11 and h13 is the size of the bulb. I've read people with stock h11's have been able to fit h13's in their housings. But never seen someone try on an mk3 focus. Personally, I would just got with the h11's since that's what our cars came with. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Hope that helps though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info... so you're saying there are 2 sets of H11's, one set for high and one set for low, just higher wattage for the high beams? Auto Parts Warehouse shows both H11 and H13 as direct fit but if H11 is stock then obviously I'll just stay with that...

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts