1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KEEP GETTING THESE IDEAS THAT SOMEONES RAISEING A FOCUS

AND I WAS JUST WONDERING if the kona is built for that i know you cant put

on a sedan no buddy knows!?!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I'm sure it's possible, but why the hell would you want to?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i own a sedan and saw a nice impala with a lift and was wondering if

i could with a focus i went to midas and they said no i went to local tire

shops and they said no so i gave up and then realized theres different styles

of focus and thought a kona would look nice with a lift[:D]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
haha! A focus with a lift?! I think I would be in complete shock if I saw that!

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
yeah, i dont know why you would do that. also, suv's are bad enough in turns, picture a focus in a turn that has been lifted.......roll over!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
some peoples kids...... i guess its possible not my cup of tea.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Just get some spacers for the front and a taller spring in the back w/ the same spring rate!! It should be easily doable.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
BAT sells adjustable coil overs that allows for minor lift over stock ride height.

i guess you could use mazda 3 springs and that would give you a little lift since the 3's are a lil bit heavier and do sit a lil' bit lower.

·
Registered
244 Posts
well someone wanted to see what a foci would look like lifted well here yeah goes!!!!!! found it at teh dollar general store today!!!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I'd so role in that!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
i think in stock form it would look funny. but with a nice wheel/tire combo it would look kinda intriguing..... a zx5 with a roof rack and a decent 17 inch wheel and tire setup.....

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
BAT sells adjustable coil overs that allows for minor lift over stock ride height.

i guess you could use mazda 3 springs and that would give you a little lift since the 3's are a lil bit heavier and do sit a lil' bit lower.

While adjustable coil overs are very good at lowering a car they do a lousy job at raising them unless they have a separate height adjustment (lower shock attachment point can be threaded up and down as well as the spring perch). On those coil overs with just a spring perch adjustment you have to compress the spring a lot to get any increase in height and as a result, suspension travel is affected as well as ride quality.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've tossed around the idea of a "dune-buggy" style Focus myself. It'd be interesting to say the least... wouldn't perform like we're all used to, but it would be fun to go mudding in a Focus... hahaha.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The real question is, in all seriousness, how high do you want to go???

1 - 20 of 45 Posts