Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 04 2.3 zx3 pzev that has a complete cosworth cold air intake, was wondering if anyone has put a k&n filter with a dry charger cover onto a cosworth intake... or do I have to take off and measure the cosworth filter and call k&n...? (Yes I searched and got nothing) I live in NorCal and luckily it’s summer but winter is coming.. it might be Sacrilegious I just want to have some peace of mind when the wet stuff comes as the car will be my daily driver during the week... anybody?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
If your worry about a cai & rain= Best to go w/ Steeda's sri....no water issues.http://c-f-m.com For your filter replacement, remove it & measure the length, outside & inside diameters & the intake diameter.

·
So mote be it
8,908 Posts
Just bought an 04 2.3 zx3 pzev that has a complete cosworth cold air intake, was wondering if anyone has put a k&n filter with a dry charger cover onto a cosworth intake... or do I have to take off and measure the cosworth filter and call k&n...? (Yes I searched and got nothing) I live in NorCal and luckily it’s summer but winter is coming.. it might be Sacrilegious I just want to have some peace of mind when the wet stuff comes as the car will be my daily driver during the week... anybody?
You should just be able to measure the diameter of the Cosworth intake, should be the same diameter at the couplers as it is at the filter end. Likely something near 3", then just need a cone filter that is that same size. They are really pretty simple to unbolt from the car if you want to measure the filter end of it.

You could also just get a universal hydrophobic sock/prefilter that would just fit over your filter
Something like this, just double check sizes
https://www.amazon.com/AEM-Filter-Problem-Solution-Sucking/dp/B00C2TF7C8

Realize that your car is 10+ years old and the Cosworth CAI havent been made in a long time. The intake has probably been on the car just as long and has survived this long with out killing the motor. You have to be daft enough to drive into standing water, normally not encountered during normal driving conditions. Ive driven with my FSWerks CAI in every type of precipitation and had no issues

If your worry about a cai & rain= Best to go w/ Steeda's sri....no water issues.http://c-f-m.com For your filter replacement, remove it & measure the length, outside & inside diameters & the intake diameter.
he's California and the Cosworth would have the much fussed over CARB sticker on it. Plus anything Cosworth on your car increases your cool points by 2x [;)]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I’ll measure the cosworth filter/tubing and either just put a water resistant sock or a k&n filter and sock, like mentioned above as I live in Cali and if I get pulled over with a non carb intake it’s going to cause problems! I was hoping that someone has gone down this route before and had part numbers, but due to age I guess nobody who has can chime in. Thanks for the reply’s all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts