Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys wondered if the back of a 2001 cougar six spoke alum. wheel is made the same as a 2001 alu. focus wheel both 16s I tried and 01 focus wheel on my 2010 and it cleared the brake calipers they are real close but turn free.....what Im wondering is if the cougar wheel would fit the same Im thinking of buying a new set of cougar wheels I just like the look anyone done this swap yet ? [scratch]

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U know the focus uses parts spread out over a couple of years right? U should have the same size brakes as a 05-07 and 08-11 not much difference. The svts are different and 2004 and older regular foci had tiny front brakes

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know what your saying but the brakes have a considerably larger caliper than the 07 I use to have I did try a standard o1 focus alum wheel on and it cleared but very little room, if the wheels from o1 cougar are the same on the back side they should work but if they are 1/4 inch different near the brake caliper they wount work. if I knew someone close that had a cougar six spoke I'de ask to test fit it but I don't . I want to get a set just really don't want to run spacers if it doesn't fit. just figure someone on here has tried this if nothing else but for a spare tire fit.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The 08-11 have more fender clearance than older models. A 40+ offset wheel is usually flush with the body on a older foci. A40+ would still have a gap on ur model. If the cougars offset is 50+(Idk lol) u can technically run 10mm spacers with no problems at all to bring them down to a 40+ offset. Find out what offset they are and order some h&r spacers as long as u don't go past 40+ u safe. U can go way past that but I don't think u want to roll the fenders

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Demented svtf just mainly concerned about the clearance between the wheel and brake caliper , fender clearance won't be an issue Im only lowering it 2 inches. someone on here said they wouldn't work a while back because the brake caliper is a little larger on the ses 2010 model but like I was saying earlyer the 2001 focus alumu wheel cleared but just by a tiny bit if the cougar wheel is the same that's cool. really I guess the thing to do is try one and see if it will turn free. well a guy I work with his girl has a cougar I'll see if I could try one of her wheels to be sure. but thanks for the replys anyway

·
Registered
495 Posts
They should fit just fine.

I just looked up on TireRack.com and they list the same 4x108 bolt pattern and the aftermarket 15" rims were all in the same 35-45mm offset for both cars.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The 05-07 use 10.2 inch rotors. Are the 08-11 they might use the same since u can bolt on Svt front brakes on them too.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
The 05-07 use 10.2 inch rotors. Are the 08-11 they might use the same since u can bolt on Svt front brakes on them too.
05-07 use a 280mm rotor up front, which is just a tiny bit over 11"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts