Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this come standard on any models? I know it's a dealer install option, but should have it came with my SEL with the 303A package?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know in Canada it is definatley not a dealer installed option. In order to get the pushbotton start, you have to order it from the factory, part of the IA system. It may be different in the U.S.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Like others said it's standard on titanium models and oh soooo sweet to be able to walk up to your locked car and simply place your hand on the door handle to unlock it. Then just sit down and push the start button, no picking the keys out of your pocket! I know it sounds lazy but it's a really nice feature once you experience it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think your post just caused me to spend another $2K and get the Titanium over a loaded SEL. It comes with a moonroof and the SEL didn't so there is some of the cost there. Also nicer wheels :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I loaded an SEL and the financing was actually like 25$ a month more than getting a titanium.

Not sure exactly what options you chose, but the auto trans, 10 speaker surround and MFT make up a huge portion of the increase :) they both had leather seats and moonroof as well. Ti was cheaper and will have higher resale.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Ti shouldn't be cheaper than an SEL if it's similarly equipped... maybe you added the parking tech package to one and not the other but the Ti is the higher trim and has a higher base price... equipping them the same will NOT get a more expensive SEL.

·
Registered
781 Posts
actually i've gotten spoiled. just said to a friend today that i wish my house door would auto-unlock when i approached. even better if it worked off the same fob as the car! but then i'd have my other 2 vehicles to somehow tie into it.. [drinking]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Upgrade from SEL to Ti is $2000:

+1000 for Sony 10 speaker audio
+ 500 for 17" tires (tire upgrade only, no performance suspension)
+ 800 ? for the trunk spoiler (dealer installed)

The sport seats can not be ordered on SEL
The IA & push button start can not be ordered.

The Titanium is a better deal than the SEL. I love my Ti.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think your post just caused me to spend another $2K and get the Titanium over a loaded SEL. It comes with a moonroof and the SEL didn't so there is some of the cost there. Also nicer wheels :)
If you are referring to my post and it is in your budget then go for it! I love my titanium I recently got with leather and a moonroof!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only reason I got the SEL is because of the manual transmission. I loaded it with...

17" rims
MFT with Sony Subwoofer
Luxury Package (Leather Seats + Moonroof)
Navigation

It's basically the Ti minus the Intelligent Access Key...

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only reason I got the SEL is because of the manual transmission. I loaded it with...

17" rims
MFT with Sony Subwoofer
Luxury Package (Leather Seats + Moonroof)
Navigation

It's basically the Ti minus the Intelligent Access Key...
Interesting- I cannot build an SEL with a manual trans. I got the Ti. This will be my first auto trans since the hand-me-down van I got from my parents in high school!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting- I cannot build an SEL with a manual trans. I got the Ti. This will be my first auto trans since the hand-me-down van I got from my parents in high school!
Fortunately here in canada sel comes with a 5 speed. Its one of the best, smoothest shifting gearbox I've ever driven. Almost as good as a porsche boxter :) I'm somewhat annoyed the ti doesn't come in manual. I test drove a base model se and a ti... The manual gearbox convinced me. You should test drive one :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts