Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notice how all the new cars seem to be getting this feature, leave keys in pocket push go. As a delivary guy this could be usefull every second counts lol.

Neways.......open for discussion didnt see anything in " search "

I would be interested in a conversion to this because A: i have 1 key :-( B:car likes to lock itself at weird times. and C: convenience

Anyone done it?

Any links to threads?

Possible/Not possible?

Costs?

Thanks in advance!

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
The negative part of push button start/smart key is that when you start it you need to press the brake and I hear they have sensors that fail a lot

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The negative part of push button start/smart key is that when you start it you need to press the brake and I hear they have sensors that fail a lot
i know when i test drove a speed3 for fun they had it to where u press the clutch and push button, maybe the sensor go to different pedals?

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
I don't know what manuals do, I didn't even know any manuals came from the factory with push button start. I have a genwon MS3 and it's standard key start

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what manuals do, I didn't even know any manuals came from the factory with push button start. I have a genwon MS3 and it's standard key start
go test drive a 2011 speed3 with the tech package its fun 15 -20 minutes and they dont care about credit before hand usually end of run say ya dun really like it but yeah its manual with push button start keep your keys in the pocket etc etc was really nice feature.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Easiest thing is to just get a remote start, aftermarket alarm and never park in gear.

Then you can program your aux channels to do stuff like, open the windows after starting, and unlocking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easiest thing is to just get a remote start, aftermarket alarm and never park in gear.

Then you can program your aux channels to do stuff like, open the windows after starting, and unlocking.
that would be alllright but in my particular case i run to and from the car a lot on delivaries and having the conveinence to just run up jump in push button go would be bad ass :-D in other words i dont wanna have to push any buttons whatsoever he he

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
All Honda S2000's have push button start, and I don't believe any of them are automatic.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
that would be alllright but in my particular case i run to and from the car a lot on delivaries and having the conveinence to just run up jump in push button go would be bad ass :-D in other words i dont wanna have to push any buttons whatsoever he he
Orrr... you could push buttons right when you dispatch yourself for the delivery so the car is already running when you get to it [;)]

All Honda S2000's have push button start, and I don't believe any of them are automatic.
All S2000's were manual. But you don't need to use the button to start it. You can turn the key also.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orrr... you could push buttons right when you dispatch yourself for the delivery so the car is already running when you get to it [;)]

All S2000's were manual. But you don't need to use the button to start it. You can turn the key also.
lol id much rather not push any buttons whatsoever at any point!

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
pretty sure the 2003 rs is a push button start
Yeah but you don't need to use the button, just like an S2000

AND the key NEEDS to be in the ignition.

What OP is talking about is like the newer cars, you can have the key in your pocket and just start the car. But this uses proximity sensors and witchcraft so the car knows you're there.

Either way you would have to push buttons. I do deliveries too and if I did have an aftermarket alarm I would do a push button start, so when I'm done loading my car it's already ready to go, jump in and drive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but you don't need to use the button, just like an S2000

AND the key NEEDS to be in the ignition.

What OP is talking about is like the newer cars, you can have the key in your pocket and just start the car. But this uses proximity sensors and witchcraft so the car knows you're there.

Either way you would have to push buttons. I do deliveries too and if I did have an aftermarket alarm I would do a push button start, so when I'm done loading my car it's already ready to go, jump in and drive.
exactly. i messed up mt wording i think, they only button i want to push is the start button. remote start could be viable. this is what i get for trying to post after being up for over 24 hours lol. getting in fumbling with keys turning ignition is all annoying when you do it a 100 times a day :-\ every second counts for sure!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts