Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
This is the one I have in my car. Just replaces the action of turning the key the last time, but still cool. Mine lights up red at night, just bright enough to light up the words more than the whole button, not overly bright at all. The PO put it in, and even though I know it's not really a good idea I do wish it worked without the key just so it was more useful. But I have no idea how that would work lol

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
This is the one I have in my car. Just replaces the action of turning the key the last time, but still cool. Mine lights up red at night, just bright enough to light up the words more than the whole button, not overly bright at all. The PO put it in, and even though I know it's not really a good idea I do wish it worked without the key just so it was more useful. But I have no idea how that would work lol
You would need a RFID kit like this for example...

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/automobiles-trucks/ikey-keyless-go-systems

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thaaaaaat's cool. Added to the list of "Buy as soon as I have money"

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can install a push button start into a stick shift, however . ....... it was pretty sweet except the one time I forgot to take it out of gear and my Jeep attacked the garage door.
Hahah HOLYCRAP, one time in a parking lot I saw a car, nobody in it/nobody around, VIOLENTLY lurching into the car in front of it 3 maybe 4 times, totally screwing up both front ends [rofl] it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, but still was scary. Didn't figure out til weeks later when tellin someone the story, they said it was probably someone remote-starting a stickshift [hihi] lol, oh man. ....

I would absolutely love a remote-start on an automatic, but I wouldn't even risk it on a stickshift, for the above-mentioned reasons OR to avoid a running-vehicle-rollaway since it cannot be left in gear, lol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I LOVE how this looks. . .very nice. Even if it wasn't functional I think it's cool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just out of curiosity would something like this work on a stick shift? I would think not but just curious if anyone has tried it or knows.
I have a REAL push start button in my 2001 ZX3. no key. depress the clutch and it started with just a push of a button

21 - 28 of 28 Posts