Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '12 titanium with push button start. Up until a couple months ago, I would always get the engine to start by pressing the button once.

Now it almost always just goes into accessory mode, and I have to press it again. Occasionally I've had to press it 4 or 5 times before the engine would start.

Holding it down on the first press doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas before I bring it into the dealer and they claim it to be normal behavior?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Have you had TSB 15B22 installed? Has your TCM ever been replaced? Not turning over was one of the symptoms of my TCM failing on my 2012, though I don't have push button start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '12 titanium with push button start. Up until a couple months ago, I would always get the engine to start by pressing the button once.

Now it almost always just goes into accessory mode, and I have to press it again. Occasionally I've had to press it 4 or 5 times before the engine would start.

Holding it down on the first press doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas before I bring it into the dealer and they claim it to be normal behavior?
My wife's 2012 Titanium just started having the same issue with the push button start needing multiple presses. Did you ever find a resolution?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts