Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks like rocket launcher... Not like...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
some brushgaurd. its mounted to the flimsiest piece of steel on the car. the radiator core support. this would immedialty kill the rad in a crash. not good.
sorry that gaurd screams fail.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Exactly. As I already said, those are for nothing more than aesthetics. On ANY vehicle, unless explicitly specified otherwise.

To OP: You now should know this will not help in any kind of accident. You already said it was mainly for looks. Go for it!

/Thread.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It doesn't look like GoRhino makes one for the Focus. And honestly, there isn't much practical application in designing a push bumper for a 2500 pound, 140 horsepower car... so chances are slim that you'll find a functional one for sale anywhere.

Under all the sheet metal, the Focus' chassis is pretty weak up front. It's designed to spit the engine and tranny out of the bottom of your car, and crumple like an accordion in a crash. With that in mind, I can't imagine it would be easy to find any points up there with enough strength to mount a custom fabbed push bar, so it could be useful.

Now, never did I say it wouldn't look cool! =)

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I want one.. but it's so hard to get one/complicated to do so [:(]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would imagine a welding shop would fab one up for you if you could get them some pretty detailed specs, but it would cost a bundle...

My only qualm is that you can count on it to do more harm than help to you car, if you get in a crash.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts

The "brushgaurd" you see in this picture is actually just a skid plate, and the owner of the one in the picture got that installed specifically for installing auxillary lighting, which he needs due to his active lifestyle.
I have seen this specific item in person, and it looks much better in person, however I do agree that it may have limited function as a pushbumper or skid plate. As a matter of fact, I think those are my legs in the picture.

And even the push bumpers on cop cars cause more damge to a cruiser in a crash than the car would have sustained if it didn't have the push bumper.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
but I like the look of one! never mind the damage it will cause lol

for some reason I like a car's exterior to have cornery, lumpy, extra looks.
These new cars where they change everything to like round curvy things I hate. I'm looking for things like those old school Lincoln Town Cars or the older Volvos. The 09 Focus was good cuz it had the corners all over it and everything was like square shaped [clap] though its still not the same as those big boxy sedans but it being cornery makes up for it.

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
The pictured maroon car is a user on here (mod actually) Riverratrider. It's a skid plate that Ralley Innovations made back in the day. I don't think they still do being there was no demand. There was one other company that also made them, I forget who they where though but it covered to the back of the cradle.

Here is the Rallley thread (pictures are dead i guess) --> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77624

and the DIY bar thread --> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28292

always wanted a light bar/push bar on my car.
btw yes I know I bumped this

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts