Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, for whatever reason has anyone installed one on their focus before?
http://www.ropersupply.com/images/SET PB400.jpg
something that looks like this kind. the ones that just sit in the middle in front of the grill.

I am wondering if there is a way to fit one of these onto a Focus. Yes wtf I know [unsure]

but hey, it could come in handy [chair]

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
try to google a focus cop car, I think police agencies in europe have used them as squad cars......
just curious, are you thinking of installing one of these on your focus?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it seems fairly easy and cost seems reasonable ($200-300 or so)
Then the probability of me installing one becomes about 75%+
otherwise it looms around 20% [:D]

will try googling that now [screwy]

well, it looks like I found that the UK has them as cop cars but in the 2 pictures I found, the hatchback and the sedan, they don't have the push bumper

·
Registered
759 Posts
just curious why would you want that on there? just for looks? or is there another reason

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for looks mainly
and for if I ever end up hitting something

ooh custom made one?
How much weight up front? any estimate of how much?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i was worried about the weight. if it is going to be strong enough to take a hit in an accident tehn its going to weigh quite a bit. i would think it would mess up the handling also. but tehn again if you hit one deer with it, youll be a genious for doing it lol.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm guessing the chunk of metal would be like 50lbs or so?
Would 50lbs change -that- much?

Deer I have not seen before but I would rather keep it that way, I'm talking about other car's coming out in front of me.

But the protection part is more of a secondary goal, I kinda want it for looks more. Makes it look more rugged [}:)]

What's that stuff made of anyways? Iron? Steel? Aluminum? any sort of tough lightweight metal?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually... I guess since I'm doing it for looks mainly.. do they make plastic ones? that don't look like plastic of course.. [scream] [:)~] [wrenchin] lol.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
I think it would look cool. I couldn't find any pictures. You could add extra lighting to the car with it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i remember being bored one night and saw someone with a small brush guard with 2 huge lamps on it ... anyone kno where that pic is? cause i honestly wouldnt put a push bar on even with how many accidents happen to me ... but some who go for that rally car look can actually pull it off

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well.. actually.. for the 08-09 guys if you wanted additional lighting
just put in the grill I already did, best buy is "repairing" my camera so I don't have one for pictures yet
but they should get it "fixed" soon... they said by the 18th

·
Registered
353 Posts
wow i didnt see that this was an 09 ... ehhh i would have to see it to decide whether it looks good or not ... but every1 has their own ideas and different things to like ... idk if i would do it to an 09 ... but who knows u might start a new craze

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone good with photoshop able to photoshop it on ?
then we can all have a visual to look at [wiggle]

·
Registered
433 Posts
A company makes a small one that come up just above the lower grill. It also has a skid plate on it. They then allow you to mount up some lights. They look really cool. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Even when people buy those for their pickup trucks, they aren't for any kind of protection at all. If anything, they will cause MORE damage to your vehicle in an accident. FYI.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts