Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know how to change out the bulbs in the insturment cluster and everything and i was originally just going to be changing it to blue

...but does anybody know if i changed it to purples instead if it has good visibility? if i got superbright LED bulbs?

because i've seen red lights and then seem kind of hard to see but maybe it was just the picture, you know?

thankss!

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
I'm sure your the first to even think about purple bulbs so you may be doing some experiments with different brands and wattages.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
is that a bad thing? i have just never seen it done but i don't see why not.

it's different, you know....plus i like purple

i guess i will just mess with it and see.

thanks

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
its definitely a cool and interesting color. i think it would be bright enough with the superbright leds. u should go ahead and try it.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
wow purple would look awesom ei wanna see it now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll post pictures when i get it all set up...

still waiting for the bulbs to come in

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
I cant wait to see this either it should be cool and as long as the bulbs are bright enough i dont think it will be a problem visibility wise

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it would end up looking more like a black light rather than a purple. try it out and post pics for us to see!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
You could probably find some bright purple LED's, just make sure NOT to get UV LED's. Those are like black lights.

I think purple would be awesome! Especially with a silver car. Maybe speed hut could custom make you some purple reverse glow gauges too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts