Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone on this forum has an aftermarket header and has an opinon about it, please feel free to post up about it. i was considering purchasing a header and i was wondering if y'all had any opinions on the FocusSport, Focus Central, or JG Edelbrock ones (or if there are any other header brands that i havent named). is it worth it, do you think, to spend the money?? better in your opinion to get shorty or race header?? thanks

andy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
aight 1st off are u going shorty header + highflow cat + flex pipe or race header + flexpipe?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most likely the race header and flexpipe...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmmm...gotcha gotcha. thanks

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i'd go Focussport race header. I just don't have the balls to go race header i'm going shorty + highflow which i think gains are way less with. god damn emissions!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol. lucky for me i just got my emissions done b4 i put this stuff on, but lucky for me i'm moving to NY this fall and they dont have emissions in the county i'm moving to. muhahaha.

btw, if anyone else has a header + mods lemme know what y'all think about it. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have a focus central race header with a flex pipe its one of the best things i did to my care but you will have no cat you need to install another one and get a o2 cheater to turn off the check eng light off this is somethings you need to think about

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
when i added up the stuff on mcnews al lthe stuff for shorty header set up was $760with shipping and race header set up including o2 cheaters is $540

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Didn't want to worry about if I moved, or if they changed the law etc..............k&N fipk,Ford Racing shorty header, Random hi-flo cat, bosal flex pipe and magnaflo cat back. Worth the cash.

Xmas list TB and Volant intake.[;)]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ur exhaust setup is exactly what i'm getting. I have the header sitting in my room and the exhaust is installed. I just have to order the rt cat and the flexpipe. So did u notice any difference besides sound after the install?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've got the Ford Racing Shorty header+RT cat+Bosal flex+ Magnaflow and it's great! Definitly louder then with just the cat-back and power you can feel. I'd say go for it[thumb]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Yes, definitely can feel the difference. It's louder but not too loud for me, it may be for some one else but you can always add a magnaflo resonator and not lose anything.

I agree with Ashley go for it, it's worth it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
YES!!! I have a focus sport ceramic header... it is well worth the money! I have an HKS cat back hooked up to it too and i would recommend it to anyone!! when you open up the intake and exhaust on these cars they can't hardely be touched! Not to mention the 45 miles to the gallon i can get on the highway

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
awesome awesome. thank y'all for your posts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gotta quick question for all ya experts. I was also thinking about getting headers. 3 ? Actually

1)Do headers, flex pipe, and high flow cat void your warrenty

2)Is the race headers illegal for the emission test, and race headers legal?

3)What do you think the best combo for the head+Flex+Cat is (brands that is)

Thank for all your help guys

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
1. I believe it will all depend on who you talk to. Many that I have had conversations with believe that the headers and flex pipe are not a problem but when you get into messing with the cat that may be another story. I can't remember word for word but if you go on the Random web site they have a disclaimer of sorts stating some federal law or rule about tampering with the catalytic converter on cars less than 5 years old or 50M miles. Now its real easy to get around that, if you had to you could purposely damage your cat and say you wanted to replace it but then again the feds usually don't have time to run around and check all the cars where people have replaced them or removed them completely. My experience is it will depend on the dealer and what goes wrong. I have a good relationship with the dealer I take my car to and they seem to have no problem with mods I have done. In fact the mechanics like to look it over whenever I stop by and see if I have added anything new. But, and it could be a big but... I have only had a few minor warranty things taken care of, if my transmission blows up they could change their tune real quick. I'm not sure anyone has the real answer for this question just theory.
2. No, the race header is not legal for emissions testing, you will fail nor are they legal for street use because of the noise. Depending on where you live you may get by with it or you may get a ticket.
3. Brands, another subjective topic. I have the Ford Racing shorty header, Random hi-flo cat and the Bosal flex pipe. All are very good quality. But that is very much like exhaust systems, some like magnaflo, some hks, etc. I do believe that most will consider the Ford Racing Header the best available for the Focus, more expensive though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts