Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually find a 'forum' for every vehicle I have as there's often good info, good deal on accessories etc so I found this site doing a search.

I've had the luxury of having a take-home vehicle for work for many years but that will be ending soon. I already own a 2013 Ford F150 FX4 that I bought last november and only have about 4,000 miles on, in addition to a Harley touring bike.

My drive to work is about 90 miles round trip per day so I decided to shop around for a new vehicle that would be reasonable in purchase price, gas mileage and maintenance. I realize that buying a second new vehicle will still cost me more than driving the truck would, taking payment, insurance etc into the equation but for the current time I'm going to keep the truck and if the cost ends up being too much I will sell the pickup.

So now for what matters and mostly to help others that may be in the market.......The MSRP on the car was $20,110. I received a $500 owner loyalty offer in the mail and was able to put it with current rebates bringing those discounts down to about $4,000. I negotiated a price down to $15,799.00 out the door. The dealership I was shopping knew I had 2 friends at other Ford dealerships and was shopping with all three (I sent an email with all their email addresses in the message). Basically I picked the dealership that I have been happier with out of all three and went in and asked them to lower the OTD price a bit further to make the sale. I offered $15,500 OTD and they accepted.

Dealerships don't 'give away' cars but I feel it was a fair deal. Two thumbs up to John Bleakley Ford (Atlanta) for another smooth purchase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dealerships don't 'give away' cars but I feel it was a fair deal. Two thumbs up to John Bleakley Ford (Atlanta) for another smooth purchase.
I agree with you. No dealer ever sells a car at a loss. But if you feel comfortable with the deal you got then it's a good deal. There's always someone who says you paid too much or could've gotten a better deal, but that's just talk.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....I've already made use of the site and picked up some used floor liners so it's already costing me money.

I should add my price included using the Ford financing for the $500 rebate but I'll turn around this week or so and refinance at my credit union. I'm sure it's been discussed on here that they often try to convince you that you have to wait a certain amount of time to refinance but not true. I routinely do the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts