Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so instead of buying headers i just want to experiment by just punching out the catalyic converter. i was just wondering if anyone has tried this lol? or is there anyone that sells a de cat pipe that doesnt cost 500 bucks lol.

i have never done this but heard that you could do it.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I've done it on mine and now have it hanging in the garage causwe4 I went with long tubes later down the road. I guess I could sell it, this is the second thread I've seen wondering about a hollowed out cat. I don't suggest doing it if the cat is in good working order. I only did mine cause the innards broke in two pieces and clogged the pipe.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
your light will come on. just sayin. lol.

oh and it's a pain to knock it out. I didn't realize it would be that bad so I just removed mine.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
you could always get a cheapo m2 or whatever it is header.... I have one modded to fit the spi. not it's not the best but honestly it lasted and it's still fine right now. not being used but I didn't have an issue with it. those are like under $200.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Do the SVT header conversion ( get one used) and an off road pipe. It will make FAR MORE power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts