Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not understanding where this water is coming from. It only shows up sometimes, but I'm tired of having to vacuum it out and worried about mold. I park on the steep part of my driveway sometimes... so I think that might be contributing to it somehow. Any Ideas wear this might be coming from would be very helpful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and the seals in the door seem to be ok as well as my sun roof

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Sounds like your heater core is leaking. It's like a small radiator that is under, in, or behind the dash. It has engine coolant that runs through it. This is where the heat for the heater comes from. These are known to go bad and can go bad on any car. Hope that helps. I know nothing about it in the focus though, luckily for me mine hasn't leaked so I never got to that part of my car yet. good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If it's regular water, and it only shows up after rain or car washes, you most likely have a warped passenger side wiper cowl (the black plastic trim piece on the outside / at bottom of the windshield - you can usually see them visibly lifting up) ... may also need some sealing up of the pollen-filter housing against the firewall area ...

I've seen quite a few older Focii with this issue ... (I'm a Ford Service Advisor)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had this problem with my car even though the cowl panel on the windshield was ok. What was leaking on my car was a large rubber grommet on the passenger side firewall. To check for it all you have to do is remove the plastic fender liner on the passenger side fender. Then take a look and you'll see a large grommet probably about the size of a can of soda to pass through. Make sure the rubber is wrapped around the plastic part and that it's snapped into the hole. This was allowing water to pour into the passenger side of my car.

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
Not understanding where this water is coming from. It only shows up sometimes, but I'm tired of having to vacuum it out and worried about mold. I park on the steep part of my driveway sometimes... so I think that might be contributing to it somehow. Any Ideas wear this might be coming from would be very helpful.
had the same problem as you describe but after car washing on an incline or heavy rain storms. mine was my wiper cowl being warped. i reattached and much better no leaks.

but it could also be the heater core like sleepyboy said. here:
Sounds like your heater core is leaking. It's like a small radiator that is under, in, or behind the dash. It has engine coolant that runs through it. This is where the heat for the heater comes from. These are known to go bad and can go bad on any car. Hope that helps. I know nothing about it in the focus though, luckily for me mine hasn't leaked so I never got to that part of my car yet. good luck with the fix.
your gonna have to test it out to narrow it down

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U might get more help if u post in the technical chat instead of the visual mods section

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U might get more help if u post in the technical chat instead of the visual mods section
My bad... I just saw the First Gen Ford Focus (2000-2007),

Thanks everyone, I'll start looking in those places. Hopefully I'll be able to find it since tomorrow and tuesday are my weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm having an issue similar to this but it's on the rear passenger floor. It's been there as long as I can remember and I don't understand where it's coming from. It's only when I wash the car or from heavy rain. But it's ONLY under the carpet right in the corner by the door and the rear bench. Anything?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the before mentioned post. There is a good chance of it being a heater core. Is it water or coolant on the floor? Give it a little sniff and see if it smells like coolant/antifreeze. If the liquid is clear, odorless, and not sticky then it's water.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is just water... no coolant. I finally had time to figure it out and it appears to be the wiper cowel. thanks guys... i'm finally getting done over the weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts