Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Kona Blue and Red Candy, not so much...
Yay! I'm still unique. ^_^

But didn't they (kind of) reinstate Red Candy?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does a reintroduction of a color mean that they will begin painting vehicles that day...or is it just available on the ford site as an option?

I've ordered my focus with Tuxedo Black and as of this moment... my order has a material hold in place. Probably the color...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fantastic--- just my luck, my car was built on the 19th and is in transit with the Ebony.... Oh well....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a 2010 Fusion in Tuxedo Black and it is a beautiful color. The problem is all I did was wash and dry that thing almost everyday! I like playing around with the car but black is to much for me anymore. I hope this sterling gray is easy to care for. The cars to me always look better in black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen a Tuxedo Black hatch as well and it is quite striking. But the difference won't have me losing any sleep. Kudos to those that end up getting it, though!

Jpaul, I know what you mean about keeping it clean. I grew up with a black Mustang and a long gravel driveway - terrible combo. I used to keep a duster in the trunk because every time I came/went it would get a fresh visible coat of grime. Thankfully I have a concrete driveway now, I don't know if a car of mine will ever seem dirty again by comparison.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Tuxedo Black (UH) paint wil be reintroduced starting 10/11/11. All unbulit orders requesting Ebony (UA) will be changed to Tuxedo Black
Wow, that's kind of presumptions and will be a surprise for some of the folks I know who actually "wanted" (and ordered) a non-metallic black. That said, I think a greater percentage will be happier with the Tuxedo which is flashier.

I have the original Red Candy and there is a new color called Red Candy but it is a different paint code. From what I have gathered, it's pretty darn close to the original but I have not heard any confirmed conclusions on how close.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am glad I got Ebony Black when I had mine built.

Cannot stand that tuxedo black.

So does this mean that mine will be rare years down the road?

Should I stop driving mine?

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Red Candy now and the Red Candy then are so identical; if there IS a difference, you would not be able to tell. There are 2 new Red Candy SELs at my dealer that look exactly like the original Red Candy TiT I saw months ago over the summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts