Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
here is what you are looking for. They sell it by the foot so you'd need quantity of 7 i believe
Ok so thats about 10 bucks. Ring terminals I can get at autozone I believe. So does this just seem complicated to me? Or is it really super easy?

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
It's not complicated at all. Just cut to length, strip, crimp (use proper tool for crimping), then attach the cables. Be good to insulate the ring terminals, throw some heat shrink on the ends to insulate. I didn't need to solder anything. Ground wires are a piece of cake. Only tricky one is alternator side bolt but it was just a tight fit for my hand. I ran them along with the stock wires no problem.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
use proper tool for crimping
I'm going to guess your average pair of crimpers arent going to cut it? (Pun intended) Only ones I have I use to crimp speaker wire and the head unit wiring harness. Also, everything I've read says to solder. Whats the deal on that?

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
soldering just gives it extra hold. IMO this shouldn't be an issue, mine never came out and I used a standard pair of crimpers just put my full weight on them to crush it. gave it a tug to make sure it wasn't moving and bolted it on.

To cut you can use a razor, or strong snips. the crimpers with the wire cutters definitely wont cut it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK awesome thanks. Lol so my license plate cutting snips should do fine.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Typical copper socket ring terminal end you can just strip & insert cable then solder it in there as an alternative to crimping - or after crimping for a better connection that stays clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So how did the ps3 hold up jist connected straight to that power bank? And then straight to the small screen? Lowkey would love to do this but with a ps2slim, so from what I saw all you did was use the cigarette lighter port instead of hard wiring, so that worked? Ima e the ps2 slim and a power outlet bank like yours rated 150watts bit just need to get a after market radio , but it will work just like that? And then I can tuck the wireing later

21 - 27 of 27 Posts