Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning noticed that the o rings on the box where the steering column meets the rack in my 02 svt with 110k are leaking profusely. Would simply replacign the o rings fix the problem, or should i get an entirely new steering rack?

Thanks

Joe

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Yes, it is possible that replacing those 0-ring could fix the leak if it is coming from when the lines connect to the rack. The pressure line that goes in to the rack is very fragile. When you remove it make sure you are careful to pull it straight out. The end can easily snap off because of the way they designed the o ring to fit on it. If you can track down a Part number i might already have a few o rings you can have.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is possible that replacing those 0-ring could fix the leak if it is coming from when the lines connect to the rack. The pressure line that goes in to the rack is very fragile. When you remove it make sure you are careful to pull it straight out. The end can easily snap off because of the way they designed the o ring to fit on it. If you can track down a Part number i might already have a few o rings you can have.

Hey Alex would this give you enough info? Both O-rings go by the same part number (3F886) but ones 6mm and the other is 7.6mm. The tube furthest most towards the front of the car is the one thats leaking, i think I'd need both of them however, looking at the picture i cant tell which one goes where...

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/C...HaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
That site does not show a complete part number. I found 1 3L2Z-3f886-AA in my car, i should have another 2 or 3 at my house. This PN should fit one of the lines.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think ill just take it out and take a picture. I can jack it up and get my hands in there but how do i get those tubes outta there?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
it is bolted down with one bolt than it pulls right out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts