Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since finding out that the ZX4 "ST" that i purchased was actually an SEL with the appearance package, I want more hp!! Rather than building my D20, I am looking at a transplant.

1) 2010 Fusion D25 (about 20K miles)
2) 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed3 6spd w/ LSD

Two questions...
First will the 6spd bolt right onto the D25?
Second, will that unit be a direct bolt in to my 2006 ZX4?
Third, how many of the D25 parts will i need to complete the install (it comes as basically a long block)? ie will my intake and exhaust manifold (no), alternator, starter, p/s pump, and a/c compressor fit?

I am looking to replace the transmission because it has over 200K on it, not sure when/if the clutch was ever touched and i want a LSD anyway, the 6spd is just a bonus.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hi Wendy. You'd have to use the 25 motor mounts of course. IDK about the Mazda trans being used. I'm not sure if the Speed3 trans is the same as the Fusion 6spd. You'd need to use the 25 i/m, exhaust manifold or a header. The p/s pump & a/c compresser should work as well as the alternator. For the starter, I'd get a 25 starter or maybe a 23 one. Just to say, w/ the grunt of the 25 you don't really need a 6spd. I'd add syncro's & what else your trans needs & a torsen diff to it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah..trying to use the Mazdaspeed trans..probably opening a can of worms....
But theoretically it should bolt up-I dunno....Personally I wouldn't even dream of using that trans.

Go through your MTX-75- they are a great trans, and several Final drives and lsd and atb diffs are available.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yeah..trying to use the Mazdaspeed trans..probably opening a can of worms....
But theoretically it should bolt up-I dunno....Personally I wouldn't even dream of using that trans.

Go through your MTX-75- they are a great trans, and several Final drives and lsd and atb diffs are available.
Ditto^^^^^^^ Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just use the d25 with the stock mtx. It will bolt right in and every thing that way. U use the d23 timing civer and oil pan. Since motor mount bolts to the cover. So u can use stock mounts. Also massive sells a vct delte that u will need then u run a d20/23 valve cover. And know one will ever tell the difference between the d25 and d20/23

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Just use the d25 with the stock mtx. It will bolt right in and every thing that way. U use the d23 timing civer and oil pan. Since motor mount bolts to the cover. So u can use stock mounts. Also massive sells a vct delte that u will need then u run a d20/23 valve cover. And know one will ever tell the difference between the d25 and d20/23
I mentioned using the oem mtx trans, she just needs to go thru it w/ the miles & I'd add a torsen to it. Why use a 23 timing cover & pan? She'll need a psm. Not sure if the 23 & 25 use the same dsm or not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
U use the 2.3 timing cover so that u can use the stock focus duratec motor mount as it bolts to the cover. And oil pan for the focus and matches the cover. Im doing a 2.5 swap currently

1 - 7 of 7 Posts